Recently I needed to install a number of fonts from a folder into a Windows 7 installation. One notable change with fonts since Windows XP is that you can’t just copy the fonts to the fonts folder. Windows Vista and 7 needs to register the font in the registry.
Archive for the ‘Scripts’ Category
If you have every used CSVDE and exported Active Directory objects, you’ve noticed the integer that represents time. Last logon time is one such value that is represented as this integer. There is a way to convert it to time and date that is human readable.
Making sure mail is sent properly from a PHP website is a bit difficult when it’s not your server, like shared hosting. You never have access to the mail logs, so you can’t see mail moving. I host several websites on shared hosting and recently found my CMS was not sending emails to me. So I opened a ticket and I concluded it to be a SNAFU.
I had just finished working on a project where I needed to programmatically get a web page and save the HTML to a file. I started toying around with some code I used for parsing XML and totally rewrote the code. I found that I kept getting an error of “Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Invalid procedure call or argument”. I couldn’t understand what was going on. I was passing the parameters correctly to the File System Object, but I kept getting the error. All FSO was doing was creating a file and writing the string out. So I checked the length and then started writing the left(string,number) and found it was a character that was in Unicode. So I wrote a Unicode to Ascii function that is not all that efficient, but it is very effective. The sample code below will get a webpage from Google and save it to a file.
Toying around I needed to query XML from VBScript and parse it out for only the elements I needed. So I wrote a VBScript and figured I would share it. Many posts out there just load a file rather than a URL, this script will do both and I simplified it a bit.
I was currently working on a VBScript to pull some information from a web page. So decided to build a function for it, so that it can be reused over and over again in other scripts. It uses the XMLHTTP library to query a URL and return the elements, I just ask for the responsetext and return it.
Lots of time I have web pages performing complex functions and want to make sure that they execute without a problem. A problem would be they just take too damn long and time out when put under a load. This is the problem when things don’t scale properly, they just get really slow. So in order to gauge how long a page takes to load we really need a stop watch. Luckily we the components of one…