Christmas Day Chili RecipePrint This Post
I finally found my recipe for Christmas Chili and cooked about 2 gallons of it for Christmas week. The Christmas Chili is perfect because it beats ham on Christmas day and if done right; its Red and Green for the Christmas theme. The recipe cooks about 5 quarts of Chili. It is best to season to taste with the Habanero hot sauce on your own portion, not everyone likes to melt down on Christmas day.
~-~ Ingredients ~-~
- 2 Pounds of Ground Meat
- 1 Cup ofÂ Anaheim Chili Peppers or Serrano Peppers
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 28oz Can of Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups of Kidney Beans
- 2 Packages of Chili Powder
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Table Spoon or more of Habanero Hot Sauce
~-~ Directions ~-~
- Soak beans in a pot covered with 2 quarts of warm water for 8-10 hours.
- Wash the beans thoroughly in cold water.
- Dice up the Chili Peppers, Bell Peppers, and Onion; fine cut is better for chili.
- Put the Ground Meat in to the crock pot and chop up into little pieces.
- Stir in the Tomatoes, Peppers, Onion, Kidney Beans and Chili Powder and mix really good.
- Mince up a Garlic Clove and mix it in with a table spoon or more of Habenero Hot Sauce.
- Let it cook in the Crock Pot for about 5 Hours on High and 2 Hours on low or until the Kidney Beans are soft.
- Let it cool down for about 15 to 30 minutes and serve.