LAN Party Bean SoupPrint This Post
The next LAN party that you setup, you’ve wanna mix up a batch of this LAN Party Bean Soup. It serves about 14 to 16 people and yields about 3 quarts. At LAN parties you always want something that fills everyone up and this is the perfect combination; it’s cheap, everyone like beans and who doesn’t like ham? All you need is some disposable dishes orÂ thieved coffee cups and plastic spoons. Remember cheap and filling is the key at a LAN party. Anything you can thieve before hand makes it that much cheaper to throw the LAN party!
~-~ Ingredients ~-~
- 32 oz chicken broth (low sodium)
- 32 oz of cold water
- 20 oz of 15 bean soup beans (1 bag)
- 1 lb of Virginia ham (have the deli slice it thick and cut it in small chunks)
- 1 cup of onions (chopped)
- 1 cup of celery (chopped)
- 1 lb 12 oz can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 1 dash of liquid smoke
- 1 table spoon ham base
~-~ Directions ~-~
- Soak beans in a pot covered with 2 quarts of cold water for 8-10 hours.
- Wash the beans thoroughly in cold water
- In the crock pot mix the chicken broth, water, beans, onions, ham, celery, tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, chili powder, pepper and parsley.
- Let it cook in the crook until the beans soften (usually 2 hours on high and 4 hours on low)
- After beans soften and soup cooks add 1/2 cup of water, ham base and liquid smoke to taste.
- Let it cool down for about 15 to 30 minutes and serve.